See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Outbound Sales Development Representative.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The Outbound Sales Development Representative role holds a key position in the growth and development of our sales pipeline. Success in this role directly impacts the evolution of how the company successfully engages and interacts with our customers, while helping to fuel the continued growth and success of Twilio.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop a growth mindset of exceeding expectations and targets.
- Partner with our Field Sales and Marketing teams to build creative outreach programs that build pipeline within your territory.
- Research and build new and existing accounts via adding contacts, outbound calling efforts and sending strategic email, video and social campaigns.
- Build strong relationships (both internal and external), and really excel at building long-lasting partnerships with prospective customers.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 1-2 years sales experience in the PaaS/SaaS industries OR 2-3 years of closing experience in another industry.
- A go-getter attitude, who wants to develop new and innovative communications workflows.
- Feels comfortable in any vertical and is technically curious.
- Thrives on helping customers solve their problems.
- Demonstrated track record of being a team player and result oriented.
- General understanding of Sales Enablement Platforms (Outreach), CRM and prospecting tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
This role will be based in our Singapore office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa / travel restrictions in effect, we may only be extending offers to individuals who (a) are currently physically resident in Singapore, (b) have a legal right to work in Singapore, or (c) candidates who can start in this location by the expected hire date. We're keeping the situation under review and will adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Additionally, Twilio will require evidence of vaccination, medical ineligibility for vaccination or recovery from Covid-19 within the past 180 days, for employees going into the office as employees will not be able to access our offices from 15 January 2022 (unless such employee will complete the vaccination by 31 January 2022) without vaccination. In accordance with applicable law, we may also collect evidence of vaccination as a condition of employment for employees who require work passes as of 1 February 2022.