See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Account Security Principal Solutions Engineer- ANZ
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Account Security Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance.
The Twilio Account Security Solutions Engineer is specifically responsible for technically driving opportunities for use cases around Two Factor Authentication (2FA), Account Signup Fraud, and Account takeover fraud, and the Twilio products Lookup (phone number and email intelligence), Verify (SMS and Voice One Time Passwords), and Authy (multi-channel Two Factor Authentication).
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solution Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. SE’s help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, and skill. The Twilio Solutions Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio Solutions Engineers get to live our values every day.
Draw the owl
- Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Never stop learning new products and new technologies
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
Wear the Customer’s Shoes
- Form a deep understanding of customer businesses and their problems
- Work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements with the Sales team
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- Educate and mentor customers, partners, and colleagues on what’s possible with Twilio
- Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- Build demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs
Write it down
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Principal Solutions Engineer (Account Security) with a proven track record in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5+ years pre-sales experience selling a complex, technical product
- Experience with authentication, access management, 2FA and/or account signup/takeover fraud mitigation solutions
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an enterprise’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Practical experience with agile methodologies, continuous integration and test automation
- Cloud platform experience (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is helpful
- Telecom, SIP, and Contact Center experience is a plus
- This position will require 25%-30% travel.
This role will be based in our Sydney or Melbourne office
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.