See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Payroll Analyst.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to work on all aspects of the payroll process and ensure accurate and complete financial information related to payroll areas. You’ll also collaborate with the People Operations, Benefits and Stock Administration teams to ensure ongoing payroll accuracy and compliance. This is a great role for someone excited and passionate about payroll and contributing to the success of the team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Assist in processing timely and accurate biweekly multi-state payroll for 2,200+ U.S. employees using the Workday payroll platform
- Process supplemental and stock related off-cycle payrolls
- Understand all payroll, tax laws, and garnishments
- Liaise with People Operations on new hire, termination, and employee changes in the Workday system to ensure payroll accuracy
- Research and resolve employee inquiries in a clear, concise, and timely manner and work with the payroll team to troubleshoot any problems
- Identify and assist in facilitating improvements of processes to increase internal efficiencies
- Assist in processing and ensure accuracy of bi-weekly 401(k) funds transfer to 401(k) provider
- Assist with audits related to financial statements and 401(k)
- Remain current on all recent changes in regulations affecting payroll and notify the team of changes and implications
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years’ payroll experience, an in depth understanding of payroll processes and accounting systems and an active CPP or eligible
- Knowledge of federal, state and local payroll/labor laws, IRS regulations, garnishments and local employment and labor taxes
- Strengths include attention to detail, organization, time management, problem solving, decision making, and complete confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change and deliver under the pressure of multiple deadlines
- Experience working in a high scale, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment while still finding opportunities for automation and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Accountable – Willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your choices, behaviors, and actions and taking ownership of situations that you’re involved in
- Workday or similar, ADP SmartCompliance, NetSuite and Fidelity 401(k) experience preferred
This role will be remote.
Approximately 0% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $49,224 - $70,320.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.