See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr HR Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior HR Business Partner to partner with our Go To Market (GTM) function , specifically, the Services organization. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Provide thought leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution, including org design, workforce planning, talent calibrations and succession planning.
- Bring curiosity, and desire to find opportunities for improvement
- Cultivate a keen desire to continue learning and developing your skill set, have a growth mindset
- Work independently in a remote environment across multiple time zones
- Perform detail HR tasks oriented with an understanding of the HR ecosystem (payroll, IT, comp, benefits, HR systems)
- Analyze the HR data and provide key findings to internal stakeholders
- Support the diversity and inclusive work dynamics where every voice is heard
- Drive HR actions with passion, enthusiasm and energy with the purpose of the final outcome
- Interact extensively across the business and HR teams within Twilio. Coach and mentor our people.
- Drive consistent, honest, and transparent communication.
- Demonstrate effective multitasking, problem solving, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Manage and resolve employee relations issues in partnership with our Legal and Employee Relations teams.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years as an HRBP or related discipline in a high-growth, fast paced global environment
- Working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including people operations, workforce planning, employee relations, performance management, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion and federal, state, and local employment laws
- Ability to operate independently, whilst leveraging internal support teams as well as being able to partner with peers across multiple geographies
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results.
- A hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Worksheets
- Proficient in Data Analysis
- Experience in drafting white papers
This role will be based in our United States anywhere but Bay Area office.
This role will be remote.
Approximately <10%> travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728.00 - $151,040.00.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.