See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Contact Center Specialist Solutions Engineer, Japan
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Solution Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are essential to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. SE’s help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs.
Twilio customers often share common use cases, but rarely share the same implementation requirements. Each company is unique when it comes to process, technology stacks, and skill. The Twilio Solution Engineer owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is enabling our customers to build the future of communications. The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is a critical part of the sales team that is facilitating this communication renaissance. The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer serves as the Contact Center and Twilio Flex expert within any sales opportunity.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Architect is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Architect leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out an API flow on a whiteboard with customer software engineers.
In this role, you’ll:
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Build and present Twilio product demos that showcase a deep understanding of our customer’s business and the problems they’re trying to tackle
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions and never stop learning new products and new technologies
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process to strategize and plan for deal success
- BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- Fluent Japanese, and English speaker
- 3+ years pre-sales experience selling complex, technical products.
- Previous experience in Contact Center, Telecom, and SIP
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture
- Previous experience in Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, and Security experience is a plus.
- Built Apps based on Twilio APIs, a big plus
This role will be based in our Tokyo, Japan office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.