See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Business Information Security Officer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is seeking a Business (Unit) Information Security Officer (BISO) to support our Communications R&D Business Unit. The BISO is a strategic partner with all BU leadership and stakeholders to markedly
improve the information-security posture over time with respect to maturing all technical and administrative security capabilities; capturing, prioritizing, reporting on and reducing security risks, and ensuring overall strategic alignment between the business unit and Trust & Security organization. Ideally, the BISO will collaborate with BU leaders to create a multi-year security roadmap to tackle the particular challenges the BU faces.
The BISO will lead a team of embedded security resources to deliver agreed-upon security priorities and work efforts for the Communications R&D Business Unit, while using capabilities from the centralized security teams.
In this role, you’ll:
- Formulate, articulate, and align key team members on a risk-based strategy to mature the security posture of the BU
- Proactively partner with BU leadership to ensure security is built into annual BU priorities and measures. This is a bi-directional process, as central security will also work to support universal BU priorities
- Maintain a solid understanding of BU products and supporting infrastructure to effectively manage the threat and risk landscape
- Work with BU leadership to determine acceptable levels of security risk for the BU, and drive risk management strategy from that, setting the standard each year
- Ensure new products and services have appropriate security requirements embedded from the start by closely partnering with R&D resources
- Circulate and demonstrate meaningful metrics to guide program and spending decisions, educate team members, and measure program operations and overall BU security posture. Metrics will be the main way you conduct this orchestra!
- Align with enterprise security leaders to scale security within the BU by driving adoption of automation and tooling; for us, this is shifting left, but with automation within their existing workflows
- Foster an inclusive, transparent, and development-focused environment for embedded security resources
- Support enterprise and BU regulatory and compliance requirements, and develop implementation strategies that minimize operational impact and disruption to the BU
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years experience working in a security-focused role in the technology or other technology-related industry, including 5+ years in a leadership/managerial position
- Proven history of developing and delivering meaningful security maturity within a program or BU
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build/maintain BU relationships
- Experience effectively leading collaborative, multi-functional teams to successfully deliver security projects on-time and within budget
- Ability to influence or negotiate with stakeholders dealing with competing priorities
- Capable of anticipating needs and creating clarity when necessary
- Effectively manage matrixed resources to get results
- Experience working in enterprise software and SaaS domains
- Experience working in both cloud-native and traditional data center deployment models
- Passionate about developing and mentoring other security team members
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 5-10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $214,056 - 267,840
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.