See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Principal Business Operations Manager (L5) - Voice
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to serve as the quarterback that partners with the Voice Business Unit to optimize mechanisms to monitor progress, drive alignment, surface issues, and drive critical decisions of the 2nd largest Twilio Product Line in terms of revenue. We are looking for a strong business generalist with experience implementing thoughtful operations and processes, who can break down tough business problems and build trust-based relationships at all levels of the organization. This role will report to the Head of Business Operations - Customer Experience Business Segment.
In this role, you’ll:
- Define, establish, and maintain a consistent, traceable decision-making process across a heterogeneous landscape of partners. Work cross-functionally to help build future state reporting, tools and processes and empower BU teams to make best use of their data.
- Deep dive into metrics to identify root cause, determine improvements, and follow through with action-oriented insights
- Help the team navigate complex decisions that require striking the right balance between business growth and risk mitigation objectives.
- Translate recommendations to results by executing on action plans and program managing as needed to deliver improvements to the Business Unit
- Develop and implement key metric report cards for a portfolio of programs, providing visibility to the progress and performance across the Business Unit
- Efficiently and effectively communicate findings / progress to cross-functional teams, senior leadership and broader Twilio organization
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of experience in business operations at a technology firm or management consulting.
- Proven ability executing cross functional projects with tech and non-tech teams to achieve business results
- Experience in establishing operational cadence and continuously drive better outcomes
- A natural strategic problem-solver. You are comfortable with ambiguity and 80/20 thinking to quickly tease through complexity and bring structure to chaos. You effectively identify and articulate implications up and downstream, taking action or calling out as appropriate.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively build relationships and communicate across all levels of the organization: from engineers to executives, and establishing yourself as a trusted advisor to leadership
- Prior experience at a cloud technology company and cloud services operations
- A high degree of financial acumen
- Familiarity with data handling (SQL, Kinaba, Looker, Tableau, Excel knowledge is a plus)
- MBA is a plus
This role will be Remote-USA.
Approximately 15% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $79,408 - $124,186
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.