See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Manager, Sales Development!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. Our Sales Development team is a key part of the New Business Sales team consisting of Sales Managers and New Business Account Executives! As our Sales Development Manager, you will lead a team that supports all levels of the organization by qualifying marketing leads and creating new opportunities that add pipeline and revenue to the broader sales organization. This includes joining a team with people who are smart, organized, thorough, and take pride in initiating meaningful relationships with future customers!
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead, coach, and manage a team of managers and reps to meet and exceed targets
- Drive team and individual execution through strong metric and forecast management
- Maintain and build on the quality relationships between leadership partners in Sales, Marketing, and Operations while ensuring alignment in strategy and execution.
- Build and refine Sales Development processes to maximize execution, efficiency, and production of Sales Development and regional Sales teams
- Interview and hire top quality Inbound & Outbound SDRs and managers to continue to scale the region. Develop and mentor reps for career growth within the Twilio Sales organization.
- Demonstrate and communicate expert knowledge on metrics related to sales qualified leads, opportunity conversion rates % and SDR pipeline attribution. Actively use Sales tools like SFDC and Outreach to manage sales processes, and set standards for performance metrics.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of experience in sales development management.
- Proven track record of excellence in leading high performing teams.
- Ability to hire, onboard, and continuously train new sales representatives.
- Experience in successfully managing people to achieve performance goals.
- Robust Salesforce.com analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Previous experience in the cloud or enterprise software space is advantageous
- Natural leader with the ability to coach young managers and reps how to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing company
This role will be based in our Singapore office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Due to the current health crisis related to COVID-19 and the escalating visa / travel restrictions in effect, we may only be extending offers to individuals who (a) are currently physically resident in Singapore, (b) have a legal right to work in Singapore, or (c) candidates who can start in this location by the expected hire date. We're keeping the situation under review and will adjust our position should the restrictive measures be removed later on. Additionally, Twilio will require evidence of vaccination, medical ineligibility for vaccination or recovery from Covid-19 within the past 180 days, for employees going into the office as employees will not be able to access our offices from 15 January 2022 (unless such employee will complete the vaccination by 31 January 2022) without vaccination. In accordance with applicable law, we may also collect evidence of vaccination as a condition of employment for employees who require work passes as of 1 February 2022.