See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Engineering Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER: Manage and grow a team of passionate engineers as they grow and deliver Twilio Flex’s Orchestration platform. Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve sustained high velocity and predictability in delivering software changes. Work closely with both Flex and Twilio Studio teams to drive and adopt emerging best practices and technologies.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Manage employee career development by providing coaching and mentoring to engineers while guiding them to maximize their potential. Provide continuous performance feedback, collaborate with employees on their goals and provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans.
- BE BOLD: Be hands-on with the engineering team - seeking out best practices and challenging the team’s decisions and designs.
- DON’T SETTLE: Institute development best practices to ensure the team produces high quality, well-architected and supportable code.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Be intellectually honest when evaluating tools, conducting due diligence, and deciding development strategy and execution within your team.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Show a desire to work on REST APIs and corresponding infrastructure
- Have a history of working with highly scalable distributed systems with a focus on operational excellence
- Display an ability to intelligently prioritize a technical roadmap with a focus on delivering incremental customer value
- Have experience working in agile processes and best practices
- Exhibit strong communication skills: in person, on paper, or in code. You can explain technical concepts to product managers, other engineers, and support
- Be a strategic thinker and thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services
- Distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team
- Have 5+ years relevant work experience, or a degree supplemented with relevant experience in the field.
- 3+ years of experience managing engineers in a complex, distributed environment
This role will be remote, based in the US.
Approximately <10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $127,960 - $182,800.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.