See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager - Billing Platform (Tax)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build new tax products that enable internal Twilio customers to collect and remit tax internationally.
This is a new team and a founding role within the new Tax product line within the Billing Platform. We are looking for someone who excels at prioritizing tasks across multiple stakeholders and has the vision to help drive the long term strategy for the Tax product within the Billing Platform. We are looking for someone with a platform mindset who can help build extensible products and provide trusted experiences for our internal and external customers. This role will lead all aspects of product development and day to day product operations for a Billing Platform engineering team.
In this role, you’ll:
- Partner with internal stakeholders and use data to build a long-term tax product roadmap
- Ruthlessly prioritise features based on value proposition and be able to clearly communicate rationale
- Discover requirements for new features by working with internal & external stakeholders across all levels
- Document requirements in the various formats used as part of the “Twilio Way”
- Work daily with Engineering & UX to get deliveries & releases over the line
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in a fast paced environment
- Looking for a data nerd - someone who isn't afraid to jump into large datasets to help define success criteria and identify feature gaps
- Strategic thinker who excels at defining the product roadmap and specing out new features/product enhancements
- Someone who thrives working through the hustle n bustle of day to day operations never losing sight of the long term vision
- Great communicator who can find common ground across different types of stakeholders
- Has the technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Previous experience working with tax products / indirect tax implementations
This role will be based in our Dublin, Ireland office.
Approximately 10% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.