See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Product Designer, Journeys Orchestration.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to drive and design seamless experiences for the orchestration of Journeys. Journeys is an automation platform designed for marketers to deliver campaigns across multiple channels. In this role, you’ll collaborate daily with product managers, engineers, and designers to build the leading Customer Engagement Platform.
Our vision is to democratize personalization, so companies of every size can now deliver the tailored interactions customers today expect anywhere they interact. Built on Segment's customer data platform and Twilio's communication application programming interfaces (APIs), Journeys enables marketers to mix and match tools, data integration, analytics and messaging.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term investments for Journeys
- Play an active role in product strategy and vision for your team — not just “how this feature should look”, but more importantly… “what should we build?” More on how we do that here!
- Work alongside your cross-functional team and design lead to iterate towards incredibly intuitive, elegant user experiences for our customers and partners
- Partner with research to deeply understand customer needs for your product area, and anchor your team in those insights as well
- Collaborate with our product design team to craft an end-to-end Segment product experience that empowers, delights and excites our users
- Leverage our design system to solve customer problems creatively — and contribute to said design system, Evergreen, along the way!
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers, engineers, and other designers to develop product strategy
- Experience in user research and user testing, and a data-informed perspective to design
- An ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback
- A deep desire to constantly improve, up-level your quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way
- Experience designing for B2B, marketing-tech, data infrastructure, or similar product experiences
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
**Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.**
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $87,360 - $124,800.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.