See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our first Marketing Director - DACH
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a dynamic and motivated Marketing Director to lead the DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) region. Reporting to the VP, EMEA Marketing, the right candidate is a self-starter who thrives in a very fast paced environment, willing to roll up their sleeves, and regularly works outside of their comfort zone.
In this role, you’ll:
- Proactively update key stakeholders on plans, program deliverables and schedules.
- Experiment with creative ideas to drive awareness and funnel activity
- Design, develop, and execute multi-channel go-to-market campaigns to help the DACH team to create awareness and generate pipeline
- Interact extensively working cross-functionally with many teams across the organisation especially sales
- Wear the customer's shoes. We believe our customers are our most important strategic asset and they need special care and attention. Twilio’s solutions are incredibly unique in the market—and there is no better way to show this than through the eyes and stories of the world’s best communications-centered customer experiences
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 15+ years experience in B2B marketing roles including leadership and a track record of working directly with a sales organisation, ideally software/SaaS
- Built inclusive teams, setting regional strategy and initiating creative and compelling campaigns and events, all while working cross-functionally across marketing and sales
- History of working in matrixed and virtual team environments covering functions such as PR/Communications, Events, Customer, Product Marketing, etc.
- An understanding of where customer content fits into marketing and sales funnels and cycles, and a “do what it takes” attitude
- A passion for pipeline generation and a metrics driven approach, experience working with Salesforce and Tableau is beneficial
- Authentic communication style and a talent for building trusting relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Native level German, fluent in English
This role will be based in our Munich or Berlin office.
Approximately 25 % travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!