Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is looking for a hardworking, passionate, and curious Principal Product Manager to be a key leader in uplevel Twilio’s Phone Number and Super Network products experiences. You will be the voice of the customer across R&D, develop and evolve a customer-centric phone number customer experience strategy, build product roadmaps, develop and maintain a framework to track, prioritize, and balance opportunities, and work cross-functionally to make all Twilio customers successful. This position is critical in providing the best customer experience for customers across the globe. You will work alongside other product managers, engineering counterparts, partners and customers.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of creating useful products. They also have:
- 8+ years in product management with some leadership responsibility.
- Experience building and shipping products to customers outside of North America
- Experience talking to customers, understanding their problems, and synthesizing the findings to inform product strategy.
- Have led by influence across distributed product teams and driven product design and requirements across many product roadmaps and SCRUM teams
- Have demonstrated strong analytical abilities and a preference for making data-driven decisions.
- Has demonstrated a “get your hands dirty and just get-it-done” approach.
- Exhibits great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both on the same day.
- Technically savvy and experienced with the cloud APIs, telecommunications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Telco or related experience is a plus
As a Product Manager for Phone Number Products, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Interview and engage directly with international customers and international sales opportunities
- BE AN OWNER: Own the roadmap for optimizing Twilio’s products for International markets across the portfolio. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create the international personas for the product team, understand the customer journeys, and see opportunities to level up customer satisfaction
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work with globally distributed teams in sales, marketing, product, support, and business intelligence. Make sure we are hearing from a diverse set of partners and customers.
- Create the reports and presentations that can effectively communicate customer requirements and opportunities at all levels of the organization,
Twilio is a fast-growing company, rapidly expanding the breadth of our product offerings and geographies we serve. In order to deliver the best in class customer experiences in every country we present, and solving local customers’ difficulties, we will invest in enhancing the Twilio Phone Number Products experience and offerings. Twilio Phone Number team works closely with a broad set of internal stakeholders and international customers to bring the Twilio products into new markets. Our work has a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position may be located in any of Twilio’s US west coast offices. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video, and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $116,312.00 - $166,160.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.