See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Tech Lead/ Staff, Software Engineer, Account Security
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to act as a technical reference for one of the scrum teams in Account Security, empowering the team members to successfully deliver our new generation of account verification products, keeping a high bar for quality and best engineering practices.
In this role, you’ll:
- Experience owning the design and implementation phases of cloud-based distributed systems built to seamlessly scale to several million transactions per day, tackling some of the most sophisticated and exciting technical problems in the industry.
- Enable millions of consumers to securely sign up and sign in every day using the services from the global brands they trust.
- Own critically meaningful services and engineer it to work reliably in any circumstance.
- Share your technical expertise with other specialists and lead them through an accelerated learning process.
- Collaborate with multiple R&D and product teams, crafting together microservices and APIs that developers around the world will use to deliver new applications.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years experience in designing, building and operating high-scale, mission critical cloud based production systems
- 7+ years of experience with at least two programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Ruby or Go
- 2+ years of experience leading teams of engineers in an agile environment.
- 2+ years of Experience with distributed caching systems such as Redis or Memcached understanding common use cases and performance pitfalls
- Proficient in concepts such as DDD, SOLID, Cloud Native Patterns, distributed systems and architecture. Capable of understanding pitfalls and anticipating common failure modes of a microservice environment
- Strong communication skills: able to communicate effectively with technical and non technical stakeholders in english
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving
- Track record as a full-stack engineer
- Experience with AWS related technologies
- Background in the security domain
This position will be located in a remote location in Colombia or Brazil
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.