Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an experienced second line manager to lead our Mid Market sales segment. As the Regional Vice President, Mid Market Sales, you will be responsible for leading a team of first line managers and bring strategic vision and innovative approach to expand the Mid Market sales teams responsible for selling all of our products to this segment. Reporting to the VP, Mid Market Sales, you will play a key role in generating new revenue, building sales process and design, and creation of efficient programs that deliver high rep productively in a model that allows us to scale quickly with success.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of managing and leading sales managers and full cycle sales reps. They also have:
- 8+ years of technical solutions selling experience, including 3+ years in sales leadership, and 1+ years managing sales managers
- A solid understanding of selling cloud, API’s, communications, PaaS or consumption based technology experience where customer relationships are dependent on technical performance
- Experience in defining goals and processes that drive net new business results within the Mid Market space
- Ability to evaluate teams, develop and reshape them as necessary while mentoring and inspiring them to drive continually improving results through strong leadership
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with external partners and internal cross-functional teams at all levels
- Bring data driven methodology and quantitative analytical skills, including pipeline management and forecasting
- Excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent
As a Regional Vice President of Mid Market Sales, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, and line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses and helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings. You will conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical and strategic deal guidance, motivation, and career development.
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, and are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Run a disciplined forecast, consistently overachieve on goals, and present guidance to executive management
- DON’T SETTLE: Hire and lead an A-team of Mid Market AE’s and Manager, Mid Market Accounts to deliver optimized margin and gross profit results every period
Mid-Market is the fastest growing segment at Twilio, covering companies from 100-2000 employees in North America. Our customers are builders and disruptors, including everything from startups to public companies in all verticals. This role will have significant revenue responsibility for a large and growing business with a run rate of >$50M.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta, GA office once we return post Covid. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $187,000 - $257,125
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $187,000 - $257,125
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.