See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Contact Center Solutions Engineer
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to deliver the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. Contact Center Solutions Engineers build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. The Solutions Engineer leads the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
The Twilio Contact Center Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. They are comfortable showing an engaging communications experience to a CEO or sketching out a flow on a whiteboard with technical decision makers.
In this role, you’ll:
- BE AN OWNER: Build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- BE AN OWNER: Quickly learn new products and new technologies
- DON’T SETTLE: Keep asking probing questions.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Educate and mentor customers and colleagues
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Assist with customer hackathons.
- DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation.
- Form a deep understanding of their business and the problems they’re trying to solve
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
Twilio is looking for a Solutions Engineer with a strong desire to work in a technical pre-sales role.
- Previous experience in Contact Center, Telecom, and SIP
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an customer’s communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) and cloud application architecture.
- Some previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Previous pre-sales experience a huge plus
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 20%-35% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $103,680 - $142,560.
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.