See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Renewal Account Executive
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Are you looking to be part of a growing team in a high growth SaaS business? We are growing fast with a game-changing suite of products. We're looking for individuals to support and maintain our large base of existing customers by providing a seamless renewal experience.
In this role, you’ll:
- Be a key member of the Global Renewals team responsible for renewing a portfolio of existing customer accounts. You will proactively and enthusiastically engage customers and manage them through their renewal process, while at the same time looking for growth opportunities.
- Manage a pipeline of accounts due for renewal working alongside the account owners, and provide top-class experiences to our most valuable asset, our customers.
- Use sales and negotiation skills to encourage our customers (at the C level) to renew and expand their access to the Segment product suite.
- Drive value for existing customers by providing expertise on the Segment renewals process, including answering complex financial questions and managing legal processes, while providing insight on best in class Segment deployments.
- Be passionate about successful customer deployments while being able to communicate and mitigate risk to resolution.
- Manage outbound renewal contract communications to portfolio of customer accounts and lead renewal discussion negotiations as defined in Rules of Engagement
- Prepare and socialize internally renewal proposals 90 days in advance (including renewal rate calculations) and manage renewal quote forecast in SFDC.
- Collaborate with Account Executive and Customer Success Manager to execute effective renewal strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional counterparts in Sales, Product Management, Ops, and Solution Architecture to articulate business value derived from using Segment in the Customer’s business.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing role (account executive sales or customer success), ideally within Tech, SaaS or Financial Services.
- Delight in providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Demonstrate ability to overachieve on daily, weekly & monthly targets.
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment. •
- You are curious, organized, and detailed - not afraid to to ask for help, but able to work independently & manage multiple projects.
- When you come across a problem, you're willing to solve, build, and document the solution for the team at large.
- You bring your personality, interests, and passions to work!
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You love engaging with customers through emails and calls.
- Experience using Value-based selling
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with Salesforce
It is preferred that you are located in Denver, Austin, Atlanta, New York OR Boston but can be open to other remote US based locations.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is 60,200-74,900
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.