See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Mid Market Account Executive.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Mid-Market Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilio’s new customers with companies that have >100 employees and <2,000. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop sales by understanding and uncovering new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through communication solutions.
In this role, you’ll:
- Deliver Net New Sales from within your defined territory to attain your Sales Targets
- Develop and execute a comprehensive territory plan while conducting territory visits to meet customers face to face at least 50% of your work time
- Develop and execute sales plans with your cross-functional partners to reliably drive predictable sales cycles
- Responsible for maintaining accurate information within our CRM and well-informing forecast numbers to the business.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4-7+ yrs of quota carrying and account management experience in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies. Consistent over-achievement in past experiences.
- Exceptional prospecting skill set. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Strong sales discovery skills, objection handling skills, business acumen, and closing skills.
- Proven ability to execute 6-figure deals.
- English and Portuguese proficiency required.
This role will be based in our São Paulo office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.