See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Flex Platform Software Architect
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Architect who is passionate about leading cross-functional globally distributed platform teams. Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center, is a product that integrates both native Twilio services as well as serving up a pluggable infrastructure that allows partners and customers to extend and customize the product for their unique needs. As Software Architect in the platform team, we make Flex reliable for customers and efficient for engineers.
This role will serve as an Architect on the Platform Capabilities team supporting the global Flex R&D Engineering organization. This team delivers cloud platform infrastructure, builds developer platform, implements Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) to enable and empower Flex engineering teams.. Additionally, the architect contributes to the overall Twilio platform and Twilio architectural organization that drives standards, ensures cross-BU collaboration to achieve best project outcomes.
Twilio is looking for a seasoned cloud infrastructure architect who lives the Twilio Magic and with deep experience with distributed systems and platform engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build solutions that deliver it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Domain expertise in one or more of:
- Cloud Platform Infrastructure (compute, service mesh, security and identity),
- Developer Platform (tooling, Infrastructure as Code through declarative approach, CI/CD pipeline, resilience engineering),
- and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE, observability, matured DevOPS and its related practices)
- A thought leader in the cloud architecture space with a demonstrated bias for action
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Have demonstrated the ability to design complex systems in an iterative and evolutionary manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and build effective working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
This role will be Remote in USA.
Approximately < 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $150,840.00- $201,120.00.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.