See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Supportability Engineer (Flex)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to ensure that we not only wear our customers shoes but that we ensure that both our external and internal customers have the most comfortable and appropriate shoes to wear to be successful. You will provide a bridge between our customer support teams and the associated product teams to ensure that we provide enablement to the support teams and represent the voice of the customer in continuous improvement efforts.
In this role, you’ll:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Share customer feedback and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization
- BE AN OWNER: Manage escalations efficiently and effectively and serve as the voice of the customer as we work to maintain a balance between security and usability.
- DON’T SETTLE: Work within the Supportability Engineering Team to foster best-known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide regular summaries of major live issues, incidents, escalated cases, and process pain points. Keep customers updated and provide guidance on next steps.
- DRAW THE OWL & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team.
- BE INCLUSIVE & NO SHENANIGANS: Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years working in a customer-facing support role with strong attitude of owning customer issues and relentless focus on their prompt resolution
- Experience working with contact center software/applications
- Experience in debugging/coding; Specific experience with a React environment is a plus.
- Advanced experience with business intelligence tools such as GoodData, Tableau, Looker etc. including custom queries and complex metrics building
- Ability to reproduce customer issues in order to resolve them, create scripts and use a variety of Twilio and 3rd party APIs
- Basic documentation writing skills
- Strong analytical skills with an emphasis on problem solving.
- A demonstrated passion for sharing knowledge and experience through coaching and mentoring.
- The technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product improvement, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers
This role will be remote and based in the Americas.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $72,184 (Developing minimum for Colorado) - $90,230 (Premium Mid for Denver Metro).
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.