See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Senior Data Scientist, Marketing.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Data Scientist to accelerate the growth and efficiency of our sales-funnel. Reporting to the Marketing Analytics Lead, you will be working closely with various marketing partners to jointly drive improvements and results not just at the top-of-funnel, but across our sales motion. This includes enhancing campaign attribution, improving metrics and measurement frameworks, analyzing marketing performance results, and recommending growth opportunities to take the business forward.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop insights and recommendations through exploratory analysis, hypothesis testing, analyzing results from experimentation, and building models
- Work with cross-functional partners in Marketing to define metrics, forecast their targets and refine the attribution framework to achieving them
- Creatively leverage new and existing data to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of our decision-making infrastructure
- Define and monitor key metrics and market intelligence to derive insights and identify opportunities for evolving products.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Have 6+ years of work experience, particularly at technology startups and at least 2+ years in the marketing domain
- BS/MS in a quantitative or technical field
- Expert level SQL skills and dash-boarding skills in tools like Looker or Tableau
- 2+ years of experience with metrics, A/B testing and experimentation
- Have strong business acumen and a deep sense of curiosity
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Familiarity with statistical modeling and statistical programing languages like Python or R is a plus
This role will be remote based in the USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $96,096 - $151,008.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.