See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next Senior Manager to lead Yield Management Team within our Messaging Exchange business unit.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager to lead Yield Management Team within our Messaging Exchange business unit. You will be directly responsible for Twilio customers’ business outcomes by owning profitability through cost/quality performance optimization across all Twilio routing products. This role is highly cross functional, with deep integration with product management, Supply/Demand Sales, and customers. Experience from high analytical and real-time decisions industries is required, preferably in the global messaging industry.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve/exceed gross profit and revenue targets by optimizing cost/quality performance across all Messaging Exchange customers and Compass profiles, enabling a holistic view of routing opportunities in our key focus countries.
- Operational management - Manage Messaging Exchange routing operations team for the top 36 countries and long tail countries. Deliver operational excellence and country expertise to maximize bespoke/standard traffic and profitability, and optimize cost/quality performance.
- Cross functional collaboration - Professionalism, accountability, intraday responsiveness, problem solving skills focused on customer success and GP improvements to Twilio. Thoughtfulness as to how we partner and engage with Supply, MXS, SuperNetwork, Product, and GTM to deliver best in class services to our customers.
- Model, lead and coach at all levels to ensure engagement and goals are met.
- Align Yield management individual and team goals with Messaging exchange BU goals.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Combined experience in leading quantitative, highly analytical products or projects for their customers.
- Very organized, structured and detailed-driven mindset, with strong operational skills - ability to set action plans quickly with clear objectives.
- Strong Leadership skills - ability to influence, empower, inspire team members.
- High analytical mindset, with ability to manipulate large data sets to maximize market driven results and financial outcomes. Strong financial reporting and forecasting skills of key metrics.
- Some experience working with telecom companies, including SMS aggregators, carriers, or global communications platforms.
- Software, SaaS, CPaas or PaaS experience.
This role will be Remote in the EMEA region (UK, Estonia, France, Ireland, Spain)
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.