See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Project Manager, GTM Strategic Projects!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to lead transformational change within the GTM Organization. The Go To Market Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior Go-To-Market leadership to illuminate the business and guide company strategy. As the GTMSA Strategic Project Manager, you will be a thought partner to colleagues to shape an idea into a project, you will define that project with detailed plan and requirement documents, and emphasize an outcome-based approach to maintain momentum and energy throughout. You have a demonstrated track record in identifying and coordinating cross-functional critical initiatives while owning robust communication and documentation methodologies.
In this role, you’ll:
- Develop an intimate understanding of sales strategy, organizational structure, our leaders and managers, and their objectives and concerns.
- Act as an enabling business partner to your teammates and Twilio’s global leaders to improve efficiencies within the organization
- Recommend and advocate for new strategies that require you to experiment with different techniques that can help you meet your stakeholder’s requirements
- Project-manage critical change management efforts. Communicate with the team and stakeholders throughout the project; focus on solving problems, and create space for failure and success.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience leading complex projects in GTM organizations, and/or Sales Operations, Sales, Marketing and Customer Service
- Experienced with the tools of our trade: Tableau, Excel, Salesforce, G Suite, planning software.
- Experience designing, deploying projects and work streams that help drive organization efficiencies and growth
- Deep understanding of project management systems and tools, from Airtable to Lucid Chart -- and an appreciation for when to use what tools
- Demonstrated success with complex and structured critical thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and strives to clarify and create through discovery, ideation and execution
- PMP certification
This role will be remote, and may sit anywhere in the United States.
Approximately 5% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.