See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr Analyst, Data Governance!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to provide leadership and stewardship of Data Governance and by leading multi-functional data-driven initiatives. You will be the trusted advisor to partners and help implement data solutions. Make an impact by growing productivity, and improving the end-users experience. With multi-functional team collaboration eliminate tech debt to remove ambiguity and to support Twilio’s hyper growth.
The Data Governance Sr. Analyst will lead the Data Governance initiatives, and will manage transformation initiatives of multiple sizes and complexity. This position requires data analysis skills that will help identify and resolve metadata ambiguities and processes complexities. You will be responsible for publishing data policies that enhance data quality.. The right candidate must excel in building and sustaining executive relationships, be able to communicate recommendations to senior-level executives, and roll-up your sleeves to help drive implementation, and track business impact.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor’s degree minimum required with demonstrated experience in project management
- Experience in facilitating discussions with a broad range of partners from various organizations (Sales, GTM Strategy, Sales Operations, Marketing, Support, Legal, etc.) and various seniority level (associate to senior directors)
- Understanding of data management, data governance, and data quality principles
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues in simple ways
- Highly organized and committed with advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves to capture structured meeting minutes, and tracking action items to closure
- Energized by working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and projects
- Ability to multi-task and to perform effectively under pressure
- Experience using Salesforce CRM in a data governance capacity
- PMP Certification
- Salesforce admin certification
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
This role will be remote, and based anywhere in the USA
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.