See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Engineering Manager, Consumer Trust
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to build a world class compliance product from the ground up, making compliance management an easy experience for a variety of Twilio products (including messaging, email and voice) and for all types of customers. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, embody a growth mindset, collaborate effectively, can mentor junior engineers and operate highly resilient services.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and mentor a team of talented Software Engineers with various levels of experience and positively influencing their careers.
- Develop product and technical specifications for bugs, enhancements, and new features, including writing user stories and cutting tickets.
- Work closely with the Fraud Operations team and the Data Analytics team to identify and understand the ever-changing landscape of fraud vectors and then take action to keep up with new forms of fraud.
- Work with other product and development teams to ensure that Twilio’s new and existing products incorporate anti-fraud efforts and publish the appropriate data to our fraud-fighting tools.
- Communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services.
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Institute and maintain a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- Create technical specifications, user stories, database and API designs based on business requirements.
- Work on full-stack development of platform tools and web services.
- Manage highly critical risk platform tools in the cloud.
- Own reliability for the team’s services and participate in an on-call rotation.
- Adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with multiple teams.
- Conduct performance analysis, capacity management and troubleshoot large scale distributed systems.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- A Masters or Bachelors degree.
- 10+ years of software engineering experience developing highly-available full stack applications and distributed systems with 5+ years of that experience working as an Engineering Manager, preferably in connection with a fraud/compliance-related tool or product.
- Stellar communication, organization and management skills with proven track record in an agile environment.
- Ability to explain your technical and business decisions in detail.
- Proficiency with at least one JVM-based language and databases.
- Experience developing RESTful services.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL databases and caches.
- Experience developing products on AWS or Google Cloud Services.
- Experience automating CI/CD pipelines, and configuration management for deploying, configuring, and managing servers and systems.
- Strong expertise in troubleshooting complex production issues.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Experience working with cloud technologies and platforms.
- Proficiency with Scala and/or Python, Node.
- Knowledge of telecommunications.
This role will be based in our Bengaluru, India office.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.