Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director to lead the North American GTM Strategy & Planning function. Under this leader, the team will drive clean sheet strategy, strategic planning process and projects that drive clarity, and recommendations on key questions impacting long term growth of Twilio. Examples include new country entry, channel partner strategy, and customer segmentation. The person in this role will own these projects end-to-end, from problem & hypothesis ideation to data gathering & analysis to recommendation, all the while building any vital cross-functional alignment. Reporting to the Senior Director of GTM Strategy & Planning, this is a very visible leadership position that is critical in shaping Twilio’s GTM Strategy and overall business impact. They will lead a recently formed team of ex-management consultants and corporate strategists!
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of strategy and planning activities. They also have:
- A minimum of 10 years total experience
- A minimum of 4 experience, post advanced degree, leading Go-to-Market strategy engagements in management consulting and a minimum of 1 year in corporate/sales strategy at a large multinational company
- Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent
- Experienced problem solving including structuring of ambiguous problems, analyses and synthesis into meaningful recommendations
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple projects independently
- Knowledge of and ability to manage analytical tools like statistic and financial modeling to generate business insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence
- Team leadership that empowers and grows highly motivated team members
As Director GTM Strategy & Planning, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Develop hypotheses, structure analytical problem solving approaches and develop recommendations for optimizing Go-to-market performance
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Lead direct team as well as manage cross functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to internal clients
- WRITE IT DOWN: Identify, research, and conduct analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects
- BE AN OWNER: Collaborate with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Collaborate across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and regional approaches, systems, information and support
- BE BOLD: Typically partner with SVP and VP level with limited supervision and present to CXO level audience
The GTM Strategy & Analytics team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior Go-to-Market leadership to guide the growth strategy that will sustain the 40-50%+ growth rate. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing strategies that drive organic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company. The Strategy and Planning team drives the broader GTM strategy and our strategic planning processes.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has modernized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers!
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.