See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Director of IoT Marketing.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
The IoT team is growing rapidly and is central to diversifying Twilio's product portfolio. The IoT marketing team is a high-caliber organization which has a lot of autonomy. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Marketing for IoT & Industries, this role will be in charge of leading a team of marketers and driving market success for Twilio IoT products.
In this role, you’ll:
- Lead all aspects of marketing from product marketing and communications to content and demand gen.
- Define the vision, strategy and plan for how we grow and accelerate Twilio’s IoT business.
- Build a repeatable model for effectively targeting customer segments and winning market share.
- Define operating mechanisms that are effective and scalable in a matrixed environment fueling innovation and ensure new ideas blossom.
- Manage changing needs and priorities without losing momentum on long term initiatives.
- Understand personal motivations, career aspirations, and actively support team growth.
- Have a testing and growth mindset, where failure is embraced.
- Measure, test and iterate to continuously learn and optimize based on what is working and not working
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 10+ years of experience in marketing functions, primarily product marketing.
- Prior experience in building out a marketing organization, managing a high performing team, and inspiring them to drive impactful outcomes.
- Proven strategic and operational leader who can define the most effective market strategies as well as efficient processes.
- Strong testing and analytical mindset with a focus on results.
- Natural communicator who can build rapport with a broad range of stakeholders from sales leadership to marketing to product.
- Fluency in all aspects of product marketing from positioning and messaging to sales enablement and marketing content.
- Ability to build a customer-obsessed product marketing organization, who understands and uses customer insights to inform the product narrative.
- Solid understanding of the marketing mix, demand gen tactics and all marketing functions.
- Worked in enterprise software and with technology products that have targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- Experience working in nimble, fast-paced, start-up-like environments.
- Directly managed marketing budget and knows how to increase ‘pipe to spend’ ratios.
- Expertise in marketing IoT products.
This role will be remote, and based in the USA.
Approximately 15% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $150,840 - 201,120.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.