Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why And Where
The People team at Twilio are rapidly expanding to support the company’s exponential growth. This role offers local and international exposure in an exciting, fast paced environment. This role will be part of the People Operations team that is focused on optimizing, globalizing, and taking on new employee services higher up the People services value chain.
We seek a People Operations Generalist who lives the Twilio Magic, supports our journey to becoming an antiracist company and brings a skillset of strong customer service, detail orientation, communication skills, and a broad understanding of HR processes and systems.
They also have:
- 5+ years’ experience handling process ownership and improvement, project work, and direct customer/employee questions and support, 2 years experience in an HR Admin or Operational role.
- Operational HR experience and knowledge of local laws and HR regulations & policies in Poland
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the HR processes (employee database, payroll, IT, comp, benefits, HR systems, global mobility, office/workplace administration)
- Experience working with a multi-national organization; strong written and verbal Polish and English language skills are required.
- Preferred but not required: Workday or other HR system experience.
- Able to demonstrate effective prioritizing, organizing, problem solving, collaboration and communication skills
- Bring curiosity, and desire to find opportunities for improvement
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skill set, have a growth mindset
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment across multiple time zones
As a People Operations Generalist, you will live the Twilio Magic:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide HR and office support directly to employees and internal partners related to questions concerning: onboarding, offboarding, payroll, benefits, global mobility, HR systems, and other basic HR queries.
- BE AN OWNER: Design and document processes and standard operating procedures for the team.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES : Drive and execute HR operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience, and data integrity.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Partner closely with the HRBPs and COEs to support and execute people transactions in a timely and accurate fashion.
- BE BOLD:Build cross functional working relationships with partner functions, such as IT, Legal, Workplace, and Payroll/Finance across regions to provide seamless operational support
- DON’T SETTLE: Participate in system testing and support for People Operations related program, policy and process rollouts.
The daily processes of people operations is the backbone of core HR functions, from hiring and promoting employees, to ensuring that the People Team is on a mission to develop a world class People Operations organization. You will have a direct impact in the creation of Best Practices and building the foundation for an effective People Operations organization.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, equity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in Warsaw, Poland, working remotely to begin. Once our office is built, you will enjoy our incredible perks: snacks, weekly team lunch, awesome health benefit coverage and cool swags. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.