Because you belong at Twilio and Segment is now a part of Twilio
At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re looking for an experienced customer-facing Solutions Consultant who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our largest enterprise customers. This position is for someone who has strong technical aptitude, extensive customer-facing experience and the ability to oversee multiple engagements.
As a Solutions Consultant, you’ll be tasked with leading technical on-boarding engagements with our enterprise customers and supporting ongoing efforts to build a world-class professional services organization. You’d be joining a team of talented individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those stakeholders. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
This role is remote and based in the US supporting customers in Eastern and Central time zones.
What you’ll do:
- Help customers instrument Segment APIs across their stack (web, mobile, server) and maximize the value generated from the many end tool and warehouse integrations Segment supports
- Complete on-boarding engagements within budget and scope
- Design a data structure that will gracefully flow downstream into integrations or SQL warehouses
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across our on-boarding engagements
- Work closely with the product team to improve customer success across our entire platform
- Become a guide on the code base and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
- When it is safe for business travel to resume, there will be a 20-25% travel expectation to meet with new Segment customers.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have experience deploying a sophisticated technical product with a variety of clients
- Are able to deal with variety of stakeholders ranging from timeline-driven project managers, sophisticated marketers, technical engineers, and strategic business partners
- Have strong time management skills and are organized and detail obsessed
- Are passionate about learning the ins and outs that sit at the intersection of an exciting, customer focused ecosystem
- Love for explaining technical concepts and the moment where you see things “click”
- Have experience delivering technical engagements as projects in a consultation environment
- Can write SQL queries and have experience with data architecture
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience working closely with or implementing any of our Destination partners
- Experience working as a full-time software engineer at any point in your career
- Expertise in multiple areas of the MarTech ecosystem and concepts including attribution, analytics, adtech, CRM, mobile, NPS and more
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $102,096.00 - $140,382.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $102,096.00 - $140,382.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars.
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.