At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. Unfortunately, most product managers, analysts, and marketers spend too much time searching for the data they need, while engineers are stuck integrating the tools they want to use. Segment standardizes and streamlines data infrastructure with a single platform that collects, unifies, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. That way, our customers can focus on building amazing products and personalized messages for their customers, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to power the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Segment is looking for a smart, ambitious Sales Strategy Analyst, Revenue Operations interested in helping steer our fast-growing sales organization. Working closely with a senior management team that has successfully built other successful enterprise SaaS companies, you will help grow and scale our global revenue-generating operations, increase sales efficiency, and develop new business processes. This is a multi-faceted role where you will work cross-functionally with our sales team, finance, operations, marketing, and product teams. We are seeking people with a passion for helping others and who are eager to take on a variety of projects in a dynamic environment. Proven problem solving and communication skills are required, and a quantitative or technical background is a big plus.
While Segment is fully remote right now, our expectation is that the team will get together in person 1 - 2 times/quarter once it is safe to do so. While most of the team is based in San Francisco Bay Area, we are also open to hiring in most locations within the U.S.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide comprehensive sales operational support, including but not limited to territory management, headcount and capacity management, account and opportunity management, and rules of engagement decisions.
- Support our global forecasting cadence, while continuing to build and refine business models that improve the predictability of our business.
- Act as a business partner with sales leadership to solve sales process pain points and implement solutions that reduce friction and increase predictability.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on top of funnel metrics, pipeline trends, account segmentation and sales activity to inform sales leadership decisions on how to scale and grow our sales org.
- Identify opportunities for process optimization, process redesign, or development of new processes/policies.
- Partner with sales leadership to analyze and refine our segmentation, organizational structure and go-to-market planning processes.
- Build and maintain key documentation regarding our policies, sale processes, and requirements
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have strong quantitative skills and are highly data fluent - you’re able to develop and communicate penetrating insights that inform how we organize and scale our sales org.
- Are a natural and independent problem solver - you’re highly skilled at understanding and solving problems and are comfortable with ambiguous problems with no easy answer.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills - you’re able to effectively communicate insights, recommendations, and policies to sales leadership & sales reps.
- Have experience in predictive modeling - you’re able to understand, develop and refine business models that drive predictability and inform our decision making.
- Have previous experience with Salesforce in a power user capacity, Looker and Clari experience is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a sales operations role, preferably at technology companies with sales teams of 100+ people; or experience in similar growth or operations roles in a dynamic environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher; business, finance, economics, or engineering focus is a plus
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 74,944- 103,048
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks