Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s exciting and exponential growth has presented us with an opportunity to add a high-performing specialist to our IT Services team. This team is responsible for creating, implementing, and supporting the technology and systems our employees use daily. This person will be responsible for helping our employees to overcome any technical challenges they may experience, from troubleshooting common computer issues to upgrading and managing systems. Twilio employees are presented with amazing challenges that we are solving as we achieve our mission to fuel the future of communications, and the IT Services team is no exception. If you like to support IT projects from start to finish using big technologies at large scale, this is your opportunity.
Twilio is looking for an IT Services Support Specialist who lives the Twilio Magic to complement a service-oriented team of people who thrive on providing quick, efficient, world class IT support to our employee base.
- BS degree in Computer Science, IT, related engineering discipline or equivalent years of experience
- 0-2 years experience supporting business technologies with a basic understanding of computer software and hardware
- Passionate about technology and customer service
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to think on your feet and problem solve
As an IT Support Specialist, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Support employees’ needs and provide world-class service with empathy, patience, good listening skills, and excellent communication skills
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Support user access to IT systems, including user onboarding and offboarding processes as well as training staff on new software, systems and best practices
- DRAW THE OWL: Perform ticket system triage and basic hardware, A/V, and user access troubleshooting in order to recognize, isolate, diagnose and resolve information systems problems and issues
- BE AN OWNER: Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user while communicating progress in a timely manner
- WRITE IT DOWN: Assist in creating and maintaining documentation on IT Services policies, procedures and user support in addition to assisting with hardware/software inventory management and asset tracking
- BE BOLD: Assist with deploying IT solutions such a new software, security updates, and patches that will scale with our product adoption, employee count, and physical footprint
The IT Services team is central to Twilio’s continued growth. We work closely with all teams across the company to provide excellent customer service to all Twilio employees. We lead all aspects of creating, implementing, and supporting the technology and systems that our employees use on a daily basis, which have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Mountain View office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks