Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Internal Auditor in Ireland, to join our Internal Audit (IA) organization as we scale for current and future growth and carry out the overall IA mission. We strive for an effective and efficient control environment and are looking for an individual excited to bring their strong internal audit, data analytics and SOX knowledge and skills to a highly collaborative environment in a fast growing company.
Twilio’s Internal Audit team is a well-rounded group, who work closely with each other and business partners across the various groups within Twilio. You will be a critical part of the IA team and our second IA hire in Ireland. We are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of the following.
- 3+ years experience in SOX, internal audit and data analytics (Big-4 or Tech industry is a must / CA, CPA, CIA, PMP designation is a plus)
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal auditing standards, accounting, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Ability to identify risks and controls when evaluating various business processes
- Ability to execute internal audits, including planning, developing audit procedures/techniques and writing reports
- Solid understanding of data analytics with software and related tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, Tableau, Alteryx) and applying them in internal audit projects
- Experience in conducting an integrated audit with a general understanding of IT general controls and IT application controls
- Ability to apply sound business and audit judgment in making recommendations to management
- Strong project and time management and experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Ability to work independently and as a team, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to optimally present to peers and management
- Forward-thinking and flexible at navigating ambiguity, handling and coordinating multiple project assignments and multiple teams simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & Ruthlessly Prioritise: Complete assigned SOX and IA tasks on time and on budget with ability to prioritize multiple projects
- DRAW THE OWL & BE BOLD: Identify new analytic tools/processes (e.g. dashboards) to drive efficiency and provide insight to the business
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document work papers, write reports and develop concise and effective presentations that provide insight
- BE INCLUSIVE & WEAR the CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Establish relationships and collaborate across functional teams within Twilio to identify control deficiencies, process improvement opportunities for efficient, effective and scalable processes, utilizing industry standard methodologies tailored to Twilio.
The Internal Audit team is growing and focused on risk assurance and process improvements through internal audits projects, including data analytics to help the business mature processes, allowing efficiency and scalability while maintaining internal controls to mitigate risks.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Ireland office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratised communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualising the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organisations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.