Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a cloud communications company that has redefined the customer engagement journey. As a crucial member of the team, you will be responsible for understanding our products, customers, market alternatives, and industry trends to optimize Twilio’s voice connectivity provider portfolio in EMEA. Reporting to the Senior Director Business Development for Twilio, this is a critical position with an incredible opportunity to have an impact on Twilio's success.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Carrier Business Manager who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of driving results. You have:
- A customer obsessed mindset.
- An understanding of the wholesale telecommunication space, especially international trends and new developments within the Voice industry, ideally based on +5 years of relevant experience.
- Good understanding of international and domestic voice connectivity options in EMEA countries.
- Track record of negotiating and closing multiple international Telco services agreements.
- A data-driven mentality with strong analytical and research skills.
- Commercial acumen to spot opportunities, create a plan and deliver positive outcomes.
- Strong communication, story-telling, writing, content-creation and presentation skills.
- Ability to create and communicate certainty to internal and external decision makers.
- Masters degree, MBA and consulting experience are a plus.
- Knowledge around phone numbers and regulatory landscape is a plus.
As a Carrier Business Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the sourcing options for voice services internationally.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create metrics, trackers, dashboards and other tools to monitor, measure and improve provider performance.
- DRAW THE OWL: Continuously analyze top EMEA markets, service providers, customers and competitors and find creative new ways to improve Twilio’s voice service quality and competitiveness.
- BE BOLD: Build strong relationships and drive Twilio voice business with carriers.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Deep dive to understand customer pain points around voice services and relentlessly look for ways to resolve them.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be able to manage conflicting priorities from the various senior stakeholders and execute each committed goal/task well.
- DON’T SETTLE: Always iterate and improve Twilio’s voice connectivity options in the region.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Tallinn. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Monday lunches and Wednesday breakfasts. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone and gym reimbursement and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.