Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio's IoT/Wireless Team is looking for a Software Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy, and operate Twilio's Mobile Core. This job is for you if you take pride in helping companies to connect their fleets of IoT devices to mobile networks based on their own set of rules.
Twilio IoT/Wireless is the IoT business unit at Twilio. The Twilio platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and on-demand global reach. Twilio abstracts away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations, and relationships around the globe. Twilio IoT/Wireless aims to do the same for IoT Connectivity.
As the Console Software Engineer in the IoT/Wireless organization, you will be part of the engineering team that builds the Web UI (Console) for the IoT Business unit. The IoT Console team is responsible for products that enable Twilio's IoT customers to manage their device connectivity, infrastructure and costs. The console helps our IoT customers to manage fleets of devices around the globe, their connectivity to different networks and gives them insights and controls to manage costs. It is built on React and other open-source frameworks.
You should have some or all of the following:
- A passion for learning and an ability to persevere until problems are solved
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering, e.g., algorithms, data structures, concurrency, object oriented programming concepts, design patterns, and SOLID principles
- Experience working on large-scale, performant, responsive, accessible web application
- Strong collaboration skills -- whether with product manager on a product spec, to designer on UI/UX mockups, or other engineers on the team or cross-team on API design
- Ideally, you have experience in cloud computing.
- Familiarity with version control concepts as well as unit and integration testing methodologies
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a multi-functional team that designs, builds, and operates Twilio's cloud-based Mobile Core. This software has high performance, scalability, and stability demands from our customers. Our customers rely on the Mobile Core to deliver mobile connectivity around the world to concentrate on developing their use case.
In this role:
- BE AN OWNER: You will hone your skills to write maintainable and well-tested code, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment with CI/CD pipelines).
- DON'T SETTLE: You will learn cutting-edge skills by tackling complex problems in distributed and performance computing.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will be spending time infusing your technical expertise and know-how in your team through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications.
With the launch of Twilio Wireless, we are doing the same for the world of IoT. Our vision is that soon, the Internet of Things will truly live up to its name: anything that can benefit from being connected to the internet (i.e., all the things) will be — cheaply, reliably, and with the ease of use that Twilio is famous for.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling complicated problems and creating your ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will initially (until at least December 2021) be remote, but will eventually be based out of the Twilio Berlin office. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture to empower everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world's communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.