Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer to be a part of a growing team of talented engineers who build and integrate services that continuously improve our ability to provide products to customers while simultaneously delivering industry-leading availability. We do this by leveraging great technology like Kubernetes, Rook, ClusterAPI, Metal³, and MetalLB, while also building our own services or contributing to open source projects.
Building a platform requires people from a variety of engineering backgrounds. Twilio is looking for Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- Recent career experience with Go and 4 or more years experience in a full-time software engineering role (any language).
- Strong familiarity with operating Linux on the command-line
- Experience developing and delivering software using containers/Kubernetes
- A firm grasp of IP networking and load balancing concepts
- A tenacity for learning - curious, and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible
- Highly effective collaboration skills - you work with your team towards common goals
- A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively
- Self drive - you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion
Other bonus skills and interests include:
- Building automation with Kubernetes operators
- Operational experience deploying and managing systems on bare metal
- Distributed block or object storage systems like Rook/Ceph
As Software Engineer, you will you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE INCLUSIVE, EMPOWER OTHERS: Work in a small, high-impact, diverse team.
- DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with the team to tackle complex problems in distributed computing
- BE AN OWNER: Build and operate your team's services in a distributed production environment in the DevOps model; Ensure quality by writing unit, integration, and load tests.
- DON’T SETTLE, RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Constantly look for areas of improvement in processes, system and optimize. Be an advocate for balancing tech debt and feature development
In this role, you will also:
- Join a passionate DevOps culture that is driving massively scalable, highly reliable, resilient services in a fast growing customer and engineering focused company
- Develop features and services which empower our developers to interact with their infrastructure via an API
- Help resolve technical issues/blockers as a developer on the team
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews to help maintain high standard of code quality
- Participate in an on-call rotation for our managed services
- Craft clear and concise documentation
- Be creative, take your own initiative and solve some of our most challenging problems
The Operations Engineering team is central to Twilio Sendgrid’s container orchestration platform (Kubernetes) and its continued evolution. We work with engineering leadership and architects to build, deploy, and release new features integral to our businesses’ plans for increased revenue, platform reliability, and excellent customer service. When engineers go fast, the company goes fast.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202 or remote. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, catered lunches, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$132,928 - $182,776
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $159,929
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Important COVID-19 Guidance (For candidates applying to roles in the United States):
To comply with Executive Order 14042, all Twilio employees working in the U.S. are required to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 unless they qualify for a medical or religious accommodation / exemption. Employees onboarded after January 4, 2022 must submit proof of vaccination or receive approval for an exemption prior to their Twilio start date.