Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio - Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms, and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
Twilio is looking for a Staff, Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 7+ years experience writing production-grade code in a modern programming language (language agnostic). This role would be working mostly in Typescript and some Go.
- You show evidence of exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web applications and distributed systems (e.g., well-designed APIs, efficient algorithms).
- Strong experience and expertise building API products. We are looking for experience with GraphQL, REST and relational databases.
- Experience partnering with design to build UI products using frontend frameworks, ideally significant experience with React and Typescript.
As a Staff, Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: A highly effective collaborator, you work well with your team and your partners in product and design towards common goals.
- BE BOLD & DRAW THE OWL: You love designing and shipping new products as much as iterating on existing ones.
- DON’T SETTLE: You're focused, driven, and can get challenging projects across the finish line.
- BE INCLUSIVE: You're empathetic, patient, and love to help your teammates grow.
- BE AN OWNER & NO SHENANIGANS: You have experience running services in production and take software engineering practices seriously. You write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: You thrive in a fast paced and iterative environment. You are driven more by customer impact than technology.
We are looking for a product engineer to help define and improve the ways companies use Segment to get data into their favorite tools. This group is customer focused -- whether it is a marketer at a Fortune 500 company configuring an Integration or a developer looking to build on the Integrations Platform. A staff engineer in this group would work end to end -- influencing our actual integrations, web experience, developer tooling, and data processing (of up to 1M events / second!)
Some of our latest work:
- Open Sourcing our new developer framework for building Integrations -- enabling flexible mappings https://github.com/segmentio/action-destinations
- Augmenting the Integrations Data Model to go from 1 data source --> 1 destination to 1 data source --> many destinations
In the near future:
- Building a self service developer platform for adding integrations to the Segment catalog
- Launching a new flexible integration with Google Analytics with smart defaults
- Enabling bi-directional syncing of configurations between 3rd party tools and Segment integrations
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $132,928- 166,160
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $116,312- 145,390
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks