Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Agile Program Manager (APM) facilitates our Marketing teams to reach our product delivery scaling goals. Acting as Scrum Leader (Scrum Master) for two scrum teams, you will also lead their collaboration and deftly identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, and leverage Agile best practices to optimize velocity, quality, and predictability. As an L4/principal, you will be expected to have influence as a thought leader, change agent, and problem-solver in equal partnership with the leadership team.
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work and know when to “drive” versus “coach” change
- Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working that are framework-agnostic
- Consistently takes Initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of complex programs
- Trusted — acts as a point of contact for cross-program communication, including being engaging and effective at delivering training
- Organized — skilled at blocking and tackling, running things to ground, protecting the teams while making sure they’re responsive to the needs of the business
- A very strong Agilist — skilled at balancing best practices, experiments, and flexibility to suit the situation
- Certified Scrum Master certification is a bonus, as we are looking more at experience than acronyms after your name; bonus points for leading a complex agile program involving more than five teams
- 5-7 years of relevant experience supporting agile teams, including at least 4 years as a dedicated Scrum Master (i.e., not ancillary to a “day job”)
As an Agile Program Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & EMPOWER OTHERS: Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams — own and facilitate their Agile ceremonies using best practices and flexibility to suit their way of working, while coaxing them toward greater efficiency across the Financial Enablement Services program
- BE INCLUSIVE: Work collaboratively with fellow Scrum Masters to track cross-organizational dependencies and promote the success of the BU, including acting as Program Manager for an area of teams, executing on processes, identifying opportunities, implementing changes, and ensuring great communication
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive toward continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspect & adapt practices
- BE BOLD: Help be an agent of change as we strengthen our Agile muscles across the organization
- WRITE IT DOWN: Effectively tracks metrics and articulates findings and recommendations; may utilize financial acumen to manage BU-level budgets
As a supporting member of the Marketing team, you will be critical in guiding the department and partnering with multiple cross-functional groups.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a US-Remote position, with teams located in the Pacific Time zone.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832.00 - $166,144.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728.00 - $145,376.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks