Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a new Sales Enablement Manager in Australia for our growing Sales Enablement Team! We are looking for the right person to ensure that our APJ sales team deliver world-class revenue results. We are seeking for a rockstar member to be responsible in executing a program for all new sales hires and ramped salespeople in the APAC region! You will not do this alone, Twilio Sales Enablement provides training through:
- New hire onboarding
- A blend of eLearning and experiential training
- Training webinars
You will be responsible for adapting and growing what exists today for the APJ region.
This role reports to the Director of Sales Enablement and can be based in our Australia office.
Twilio is looking for a leader with creativity and organisational skills in equal measure. You will be able to switch from program management mindset to writing localised exhilarating sales training so that salespeople want to engage with the program you have built. You will have a passion for teaching and be customer-centric, your customers will be the APJ sales team.
- 5+ years experience in Sales, Sales Enablement or corporate development.
- Experience in the technology industry, (Cloud, API’s, Communications or Enterprise software) is a plus
- Call Center and sales strategy experience is desired
- Background in learning theory, instructional design, and Active Learning techniques.
Twilio’s API approach to communications is our super-power but it makes training Enterprise salespeople very complicated, you will need to be up for this challenge. You will need to be technically proficient and sales savvy at the same time. We have a 12-month approach to onboarding new sales hires called “Mastering Twilio” which includes the following elements:
- Product and Technology
- The Sales Process
- Skills and Methodology
- Field Execution
As the Sales Enablement Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Crafting new training materials and programs that will be used globally and locally (Video, SCORM and documentation)
- BE AN OWNER: Owning the APAC Sales Enablement franchise while working with Global Sales Enablement on our worldwide activities
- BE BOLD: Crafting localised content that will drive the APAC sales funnel and Managing the in-region roll-out of our Sales Methodology “Selling the Twilio Way”
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Individually mentoring and coaching the new hires and teaching the 4 curricula listed above
- WRITE IT DOWN: Detailing and reporting to sales leadership on individual ramped and ramping rep productivity
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES: Partner and work closely with regional sales leaders on their hiring plans and preparing onboarding squads. Working with Global Product Marketing to ensure sales teams have the localised materials they need to win big
Twilio is experiencing fantastic revenue growth which has been super-charged by a recruitment surge for Account Executives. However, Twilio does not have a square hole product that fits into a square hole requirement, every opportunity is different. If our ramped sales reps are not competent and confident with all aspects of our Product and Sales Process we are operating at substandard productivity. The role of the Sales Enablement Manager is to empower all sales reps and all sales managers to be fully enabled as Masters of Twilio. You will have your hand on the tiller of scaling the sales organisation that transforms Twilio into one of the largest software companies on the planet, and we can’t wait to see what you build.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office in Sydney, Australia. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact. A company that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint. A company that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.