See yourself at Twilio.
Join the team as our next HR Programme Manager
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support the company’s exponential growth. This role will be a critical member of our People Operations team responsible for handling compliance matters relating to employment in EMEA.
If you like identifying and anticipating requirements, building new things, and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. As a Compliance Program Manager at Twilio, you will be responsible for maintaining compliance of country, state, and local laws relating to employment, and People policies and processes. This role will be a cross-functional partner working closely with different COEs within the People team and our Legal team to ensure the successful and consistent delivery of global People Compliance-related activities, oversight, audit and governance, including overall management, coordination, and controls. You will provide experienced consultation to People teams on compliance-related questions. Prioritization is a critical component for success in the position. Reporting into the Sr. Manager, Compliance, this is an individual contributor role. The role is located in Dublin or London.
In this role, you will:
- Consult, influence, and perform as a trusted advisor to build cross-functional partnerships and collaboration at all levels across the People and Legal teams to address compliance requirements
- In partnership with the Legal team, maintain awareness of and track new legislation, benchmark/research legal and regulatory requirements, and engage the right COEs/partners to ensure timely implementation of processes that follow new legal requirements
- Collaborate with People and Legal teams to create, review, maintain, and update People policies, and be responsible for the policy review and approval process
- Keep current with government regulatory reports and programs, and complete and submit required reporting to the relevant authorities in a timely manner
- In partnership with the Legal team, work with project teams to translate legal obligations into policy, system, or process requirements, supervise the effectiveness of processes designed to meet obligations, and develop and/or advise on remediation plans to mitigate risk
- Develop and implement ongoing audit processes and internal controls, analyze results, and develop appropriate recommendations to ensure and enhance adherence to compliance standards and mitigate risk.
- Settle and lead mandatory HR compliance training requirements and solutions for delivery to Twilions in EMEA
- Establish and operationalize reporting governance to accurately maintain data, meeting the needs of global reporting requirements. Maintain and update documentation tracking systems and ensure proper recording, approval, and filing/retention of all documents received in accordance with established guidelines
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of HR or employment and labor law experience. Global experience and specialization in compliance is highly preferred.
- Subject matter expertise in regulatory areas and with the various laws that impact HR, including global hiring requirements, overtime/pay premiums, anti-harassment training, policy obligations, and time tracking, and demonstrated judgment and experience assessing risk
- Working knowledge of EMEA employment laws in at least two EMEA countries, with knowledge of additional countries including APAC considered a bonus. Must have the curiosity and ability to learn about laws in different countries.
- Demonstrated policy and procedure development and enforcement to ensure compliance
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully within ambiguity, with multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced, changing environment. Will take initiative even under unfamiliar or ambiguous circumstances. Detail-oriented with an execution attitude.
- Experience identifying and resolving issues. Ability to establish strong cross-functional partnerships and experience driving projects and programs with a diverse group of partners.
- Strong problem-solving and facilitation skills with a consistent record to persuade and influence change and partners
- Possesses a “seek to understand” mentality and the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and social skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working at a high-growth technology organization
- Demonstrated project management experience
This role will be located in our London or Dublin office.
What we offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including things like competitive pay, generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.