Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Software Engineer to be a key contributor in our ability to provide security at scale to people and organizations across the globe. This role will be with the Twilio R&D team. You will design, develop, deploy and operate software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time security decisions to Twilio products.
We are looking for engineers who are eager to learn and like to think at scale and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus to solving security challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of building highly scalable products while working with complex distributed systems. They also have:
- 5+ years of experience with building, maintaining and scaling backend services preferably in GoLang.
- Any experience with NoSQL databases, Cassandra preferred.
- Experience with cloud platforms or Kubernetes.
- Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build and test pipelines.
- Strong cross-team communication skills. You work with your team towards common goals.
- Collaborate with other engineers in a fast-paced and diverse environment.
As a Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Not every problem has a textbook solution. You will be expected to research the unknowns, implement and iterate.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES & DON’T SETTLE: You will drive great developer experiences for many of your fellow Twilions.
- NO SHENANIGANS & DON’T SETTLE - Drive high engineering standards on the team through code review, automated testing, and mentoring. We care about what our code looks like, how it performs, and how it enables our customers to succeed, and you should too.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & WRITE IT DOWN: You will work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organization, architects and external partners to distill product requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.
The R&D team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We are working to provide solutions both to Twilio developers and to our customers who have regulatory restrictions such as GDPR and Schrems ii. By developing policy and encryption-based solutions in addition to best practices for enforcement, we will ensure customers across the world are able to handle their data securely.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks