At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores, filters, transforms and sends data to hundreds of business tools with the flip of a switch. More recently, we also developed the ability to let customers enrich their data in real time using computations they specify. Our goal is to make it easy to understand, extract value, and protect the integrity of data. We are creating a world where engineers spend their time working on their core product, letting us take care of the complexities of processing their customer data reliably at scale. We’re in the running to take over the entire customer data ecosystem, and we need the best people to take the market.
We’re looking for an experienced customer-facing Solutions Consultant who loves helping people, solving problems, and wants to be a major factor in the success of our largest enterprise customers. This position is for someone who has strong technical aptitude, extensive customer-facing experience and the ability to oversee multiple engagements.
As a Solutions Consultant, you’ll be tasked with leading technical on-boarding engagements with our enterprise customers and supporting ongoing efforts to build a world-class professional services organization. You’d be joining a team of talented individuals that care deeply about Segment’s customers, partners, each other and the broader community. We judge ourselves on how well we serve each of those stakeholders. So if you enjoy working with smart people and helping to build a company that cares about quality, you’ve found the right place.
This role is remote and based in the US supporting customers in Eastern and Central time zones.
What you’ll do:
- Help customers instrument Segment APIs across their stack (web, mobile, server) and maximize the value generated from the many end tool and warehouse integrations Segment supports
- Complete on-boarding engagements within budget and scope
- Design a data structure that will gracefully flow downstream into integrations or SQL warehouses
- Develop and iterate on internal processes to ensure consistency across our on-boarding engagements
- Work closely with the product team to improve customer success across our entire platform
- Become a guide on the code base and functionality of the Segment platform, libraries, and integrations. And help improve it!
- When it is safe for business travel to resume, there will be a 20-25% travel expectation to meet with new Segment customers.
You’re a great fit if you…
- Have experience deploying a sophisticated technical product with a variety of clients
- Are able to deal with variety of stakeholders ranging from timeline-driven project managers, sophisticated marketers, technical engineers, and strategic business partners
- Have strong time management skills and are organized and detail obsessed
- Are passionate about learning the ins and outs that sit at the intersection of an exciting, customer focused ecosystem
- Love for explaining technical concepts and the moment where you see things “click”
- Have experience delivering technical engagements as projects in a consultation environment
- Can write SQL queries and have experience with data architecture
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience working closely with or implementing any of our Destination partners
- Experience working as a full-time software engineer at any point in your career
- Expertise in multiple areas of the MarTech ecosystem and concepts including attribution, analytics, adtech, CRM, mobile, NPS and more
We encourage you to apply if this role excites you - even if you think you may not meet all of the qualifications. At Segment, we live by four values: karma, drive, tribe, and focus. We are always looking for outstanding individuals with diverse backgrounds and perspectives who embody these values. To learn more about life at Segment and our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, visit our LinkedIn page. We’re excited to meet you!
Segment is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that everyone should receive equal consideration and treatment in all terms and conditions of employment regardless of sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age (over 40), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, domestic partner status, military or veteran status, height, weight, AIDS/HIV status, and any other protected category under federal, state or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.