Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Segment Storage group within Twilio is looking for engineering managers who are passionate about creating high quality, modern solutions to complex engineering problems and help define the future of Customer Data Platforms.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of talented engineers and collaborating with Product Managers to ship products that form the foundation of a strong Customer Data Platform. You’ll also be responsible for mentoring, sharing knowledge, and guiding the technical decisions of the team to set us up for long-term success, both as a product and as a team.
We are looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of working in a fast paced and iterative environment. They also have:
- 3+ years of experience as a manager of a healthy and high-performing engineering team.
- Experience managing an engineering team(s) on large-scale projects with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and/or storage.
- Experience operating large-scale, distributed systems on top of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Compute Platform (GCP)
- Deep understanding of architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems, in a collaborative environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership over critical problem areas.
- CS, EE or CE degree and/or a demonstrable, solid understanding of CS fundamentals
- Demonstrably effective communicator — in spoken and written forms.
As an engineering manager you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Continuously deliver value to customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Guide the team through Agile methodologies and grow employees’ career development, coaching and mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities. Ensure there is cross-training and a healthy balance between features and technical debt. By serving as the team’s Scrum Master, you will break down roadblocks, manage communications with stakeholders and dependent teams as well as create a culture of continuous improvement through retrospection.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Foster leadership principles and behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders by instituting development best practices. This ensures the team produces high quality, well architected and supportable code through a continuous delivery model.
- BE AN OWNER: Own, operate and maintain your team’s services with a rotating on-call incident escalation and response processes for the team.
- DON’T SETTLE: Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruit and motivate top talent
Some of the projects you would lead include:
- Enabling efficient storage and management of customer data to power products like Segment Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Orchestrating customer data deletion and suppression to ensure Segment and our customers are compliant to regulations like GDPR and CCPA
- Building systems that route customer data to Storage Destinations like Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Providing a platform to accelerate Data Science and ML use-case on top of existing Data Warehouses and Data Lakes
- Enabling enrichment of customer data with data from various Object Cloud Sources like Twilio, Salesforce, Zendesk and many more
The Segment Storage group is responsible for products that are critical to building a Customer Data Platform. Our mission is to help businesses unlock customer insights and make better decisions faster and cheaper by creating a suite of industry-leading storage and compute services inside the Segment customer data platform.
Glimpse of what we do within Segment Storage group::
- Using AWS Step Functions at scale to power Segment Data Lakes product
- Improving Warehouse product by optimizing data loading process into AWS Redshift
- Using AWS Gateway API to build Data Lakes tooling
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is open for remote locations anywhere in the USA . Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Include for all Denver Office postings
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $140,784.00 - 193,578.00
Salary: $160,896.00 - 221,232.00
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks