Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
As the Senior Director, Content Marketing and Strategy, you will lead our content marketing and editorial team at Twilio to produce compelling, relevant content that supports thought leadership, engagement, traffic, and drive acquisition as well as customer retention.
You are a creative marketing and content professional with a strong writing background, excellent story-telling skills, and extensive experience developing content throughout a full marketing funnel that appeals to your target audience. You will have a keen sense of the messages, stories, engagement models, and tactics that make sense with different audiences, roles, and levels.
You are passionate about leading teams, have a working knowledge of SEO to drive an optimized content experience, and excel at working cross functionally to build and execute complex content strategies.
You are data-minded and are able to construct and evolve a measurement framework to connect content to pipeline.
This role will report into the Senior Director, Campaigns and Content Marketing and will advise a team of strategic content and editorial writers as you build a comprehensive editorial calendar alongside established writing teams at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for a leader who has led engaged, high growth, data-backed editorial and content teams. You also have:
- 15+ years of creative content experience; preferably in the technology industry and/or SaaS with 7+ years of direct leadership experience, and you bring a passion for management;
- A strong point of view for the future of our content strategy and how it maps to our campaigns; experience in building out the business case to pursue it;
- An aptitude for working within complex messaging hierarchies to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan/calendar to meet business objectives;
- Proven experience mapping SEO initiatives to company growth imperatives;
- Analytical acumen—the ability to provide context behind our results and share with relevant partners;
- Copyediting experience with best-in-class standards for editorial quality. In addition, you bring an immaculate attention to detail across all of your work;
- The role requires working cross functionally with campaign marketing, public relations, corporate communications, partner marketing, product marketing, developer marketing, sales, creative and other teams.
- Experience in Google Analytics, Heap, WordPress, Tableau.
As Senior Director, Content Marketing and Strategy, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Uncover and understand the questions that current and potential customers are asking, and ensure we’re answering them.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Add process and precision to our editorial planning. Ability to clearly articulate our growth strategy and the critical metrics we’ll measure against.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate across various content producing teams to ensure we’re accurately serving our customers, as well as crafting efficiencies between teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new organic growth ideas from internal and external sources and work across the Twilio, SendGrid.com, Segment, Blog and Current domains to ensure our content efforts are working in concert, not conflict.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Cultivate an inclusive team of strategic content professionals who openly brainstorm, co-edit, and share in the team’s successes.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Identify key short-term wins while always keeping an eye on our long-term growth goals. Be able to navigate fluid timelines while delivering high quality work.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the accurate measurement of our content production and hold each piece we publish to the highest standards.
The Campaigns and Content Marketing Team is central to Twilio’s continued growth. We focus on growing awareness of Twilio to line of business technical and strategic decision makers, in addition to “builders of all types”—growth marketers, product owners, and the growing citizen developer persona. Our content helps amplify Twilio’s mission of being the world’s most trusted customer engagement platform.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.