Because you belong at Twilio Segment.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Segment is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior FullStack Engineer for the Digital Team that can turn complex business requirements into working software that our customers love to use. This individual should have experience with growth marketing and building out digital self-serve funnels on our corporate website (https://segment.com/) and understand the full path of customer acquisition as well as cursory knowledge of the tools that operate within Marketing Ops and Sales. They are focused, driven and can get challenging projects across the finish line understanding when it is time to refactor, and when it's time to ship.
Twilio Segment is looking for an engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Expertise in React + Gatsby and general HTML boilerplate experience
- Knowledge of experimentation, personalization, and conversion rate optimization on an enterprise level b2b company’s website
- Worked with a modern headless CMS such as Contentful
- Can sparingly self-serve metrics using SQL queries
- A minimum of 5 years of industry experience in engineering or some cool projects on GitHub you think we'll love to check out
- A good understanding of the complexities involved in writing design systems, test automations, and launching stable/secure code
- Exposure to architectural patterns of high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Value collaboration and agree with the statement that “a team is a group of people who own each others’ decisions”
- Write meaningful tests and understand the value of great logging, proper monitoring, and error tracking while also ensuring the User Experience is pixel perfect.
As a Senior FullStack Engineer for the Digital Team Development Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze and give input on our modern, evolving Design System, documenting any architectural changes you propose.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find opportunities for optimization within our Segment web domains and fully execute your defined goal(s) ensuring to perform thorough end to end testing of any new features involved.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Ideate on increasing customer acquisition, rally the team around your convictions, and demo the usage and benefits of everything you accomplish.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Segment and have significant exposure to the full customer funnel and those who affect it including Marketing, Sales, SEO, Analytics, Design, and Self-Service.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure that your code and those of your peers is never rushed and that our output reflects the highest of quality while not sacrificing efficiency.
The Digital team is central to Twilio Segment’s customer acquisition and continued growth. We work closely with Marketing, Sales, SEO, Analytics, Design, and Self-Service teams to ensure that our website users are able to achieve everything they set out to accomplish. We lead all aspects of experimentation, optimization, and execution on all Segment owned domains to drive growth and have a significant impact on the overall expansion of the company’s customer base.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be Remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $109,824 - $137,280
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $96,096 - $120,120
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks