Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communications should be a part of every product experience. Twilio Programmable Voice’s 10-year vision is to create a world where every consumers’ voice conversation is first class. We’re seeking a hardworking product leader to help bring this vision to life by providing developers and partners with the APIs, interfaces, and tools necessary to gain Insights into the quality, integrity and experience of billions of calls that happen worldwide in the platform.
As a product manager in Programmable Voice, you will be responsible for crafting delightful customer experiences and owning the end-to-end product vision, strategy, and roadmap for this high volume, analytics-driven problem space. You will need to work closely with Product Managers, Support, Sales Engineering and other front line customer partners to triage and understand the needs of customers and how to diagnose, then build solutions into Insights to address customer needs at scale.
Twilio is looking for a product manager with a demonstrated track record of setting the vision, delivering on customer needs, and enabling a world class developer experience. You should demonstrate the following requirements:
- Have 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for a modern technology company.
- Track record of driving impact in a cross-functional, fast-paced, and highly collaborative environment.
- Know how to influence people to get things done across any job function. People enjoy working with you.
- Excellent communication skills across all mediums (visual, written, verbal) that inspire teams and bolster your decisions with focus and clarity.
- Experience writing code or direct API interactions and you enjoy working on hard technical problems. We are looking for someone with a strong technical bent to collaborate with our engineers as well as our analytical customers.
- Experience using, building or managing high volume analytics tools, software or platforms (ElasticSearch, Adobe Kafka, Splunk)
- Experience with media communication technologies, including real time or streaming in the audio and/or video domains
- Experience with telephony, telecom or other high volume communications infrastructure.
- Experience with modern API platforms design and implementation
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Own the vision and strategy for the Twilio voice customers that are building contact center use cases, and work across Twilio’s product and engineering teams to execute
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Thoroughly understand the contact center customer experience and use data-driven methods to track key success metrics
- DRAW THE OWL: Take large, ill-defined ideas and compose clearly articulated roadmaps
- BE INCLUSIVE: Partner with Twilio’s Business Development organization to demonstrate existing frameworks and help define partner program requirements
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Influence key stakeholders across different teams at Twilio to get the roadmap executed.
- WRITE IT DOWN: This is a highly matrixed role and will require well-crafted documentation and communication skills to obtain alignment and scale.
Voice and Video is one of the largest business units in Twilio with three market leading products. We are at the forefront of innovation in the real-time communications industry powering solutions at thousands of companies such as Uber, Zendesk, Morgan Stanley, and Netflix. Come help us continue to build the most innovative developer platform supporting a wide range of customer engagement use cases.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.