Technical Program Manager - Engagement Intelligence (Twilio AI/ML)
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Program Manager (TPM) for our AI/ML business unit. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager who wants to help Twilio’s largest and highest impact customers successfully launch production solutions using Twilio’s Engagement Intelligence product. You will need to be able to create and drive software launch plans, timelines and solution designs that help customers efficiently and successfully drive their projects to production. You anticipate bottlenecks, explore contingencies and provide effective customer concern management. Even better, you love to analyze data and have built tools to monitor and track launch metrics on a daily, weekly, and quarterly basis.
Besides managing customer related projects we also expect you to be managing critical development and engineering projects within our team. We expect you to manage these key projects, manage project risks, and effectively communicate status.
You will bring deep Program Management and implementation experience to the Twilio AI team.
- As a seasoned professional, you take pride in influencing the largest and most important customers.
- You will work both on external (customer) projects as well on strategic internal projects to get them successfully executed and delivered.
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams to drive the execution of large scale and highly interdependent technical projects
- From your outstanding position working closely with the largest customers, you will serve as an important advocate for customer needs, relaying information back to engineering, product, design, and others.
- You anticipate project risks, explore contingencies, and provide effective customer concern management.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- You pride yourself on your adaptability, and thrive in a fast-changing environment.
- You are proficient in one or several project management methodologies, preferably with experience in Agile/Scrum.
- You have experience in the communication space, and have 5+ years managing technical operations or programs
And live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Talk with customers and listen to their problems. Talk to cross-BU teams and understand the problems they’ve heard from customers.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create clear, written documentation of the problems you seek to solve (and associated risks). Collaborate with other Product Manager's to finesse your documentation. Present those plans to your team, business unit leads and leadership.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE & DRAW THE OWL: Ruthlessly prioritize the incremental path to solving customer problems, delivering concrete customer value at each stage. Work closely with customer design partners to deliver experiences they love and value.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Think creatively about the unique advantages of Twilio’s communication breadth and scale. We have vast amounts of engagement data across our business units - but it is not yet centralized or utilized. This team will help shape the future of Twilio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Collaborate extensively with other PMs, other functional teams and Business Units within Twilio on their initiatives. Be an advocate and coach for other PMs. Help engineering teams focus on what is needed to create a great product experience. Facilitate quarterly planning, execute projects in parallel and help aid in any priority conflicts. . Collaborate with GTM teams on product launches (marketing, support, sales enablement), and dev experience teams on documentation.
This position is located in our Bogota, Colombia office.What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.