Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) who is passionate about working on impactful initiatives, technical operations, program management, partner communication, and risk management. This role will lead and contribute to the success of the programs and initiatives that span across the Billing Platform and the organization as a whole. The ideal candidate will help the Billing Platform mature processes and systems. In this role, you will work closely with leadership to establish scalable software processes, success metrics and drive alignment across the organization. You will report to the Head of Engineering, Billing Platform, while working closely with various teams within the Billing Platform and external partners.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Principal Technical Program Manager (TPM) who lives the Twilio Magic to join our exceptionally hardworking and rapidly growing engineering department. As a TPM, you have demonstrated a track record of leading technical initiatives and operations, focused on risk management and mitigation, and have excellent communication skills.
They also have:
- BS in Computer Science or a related subject area or equivalent experience.
- 5+ experience in software engineering or technical product/program management or operational roles.
- Experience with large scale distributed systems and working with AWS, Google, Azure or other public cloud providers is a plus.
- Track record of providing program management during all phases of software development from kick-off to ship, demonstrating critical thinking and thought leadership.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects in a highly demanding environment. An enjoyment in solving complex and hard problems and an ability to turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Ability to breakdown complex tasks into manageable chunks and clearly reason about, articulate, prioritize tasks in a program. Demonstrated ability to handle time-sensitive work.
- Strong focus on technology risks, not limited to major project developments, change management, vulnerability management and/or evaluation of DevOps and Cloud Computing risks.
As a Principal Technical Program Manager, you will you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document technology decisions and implementations, and support epic and story refinement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Find opportunities for improvement across both technology and process. Use your foresight and experience to keep our systems effectively running now and in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring and much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Collaborate to support strong team results and build effective working relationships.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Exhibit good priority and time management skills to support sprint commitments.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, and integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering and be a role model for software development habits and practices for distributed systems.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and encourage collaborative solutions.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and transparency in all your communications and interactions. Use your advanced engineering, communication and organizational skills to ensure we deliver what the business wants and needs.
The Billing Platform is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership, product teams, GTM and G&A to support Twilio’s existing business, new products and acquisitions. The success of Twilio is dependent on the success of the Billing Platform and its ability to provide scalable, reliable, intuitive experiences for our internal partners and external customers. Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be based in Denver. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: 146,240 - 182,800
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: 127,960 - 159,920
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks