Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a passionate, detailed, proactive Program Manager of Crisis Response to join Twilio.org’s Business Operations & Analytics team. This is an exciting role for a professional who wants to apply their operational and analytical expertise towards improving real world incidents. In this role, you will own our in-the-moment crisis response by mobilizing the necessary teams at Twilio to respond according to our existing crisis response playbook. You will also be empowered to continually improve our crisis response playbook and any necessary infrastructure.
As the Program Manager of Crisis Response, you have skills and experience in:
- Cross-functional engagement. You have demonstrated experience in driving consensus and aligning roles and responsibilities across different teams to achieve complex meaningful outcomes.
- Exceptional project management. You are very effective at managing interdependent and parallel timelines, resourcing, and communications. You are swift to call out risks and needs.
- Mapping end-to-end processes. As a means of communicating and resourcing effectively, it will be important for you to establish the stages of crisis response that any given crisis is in. This will create a common language for teams at Twilio to align on.
- Using data to identify program and operational improvements. You’re comfortable defining the necessary measures to ensure program success and identify focus areas for improvement.
- Emotional Resilience. It can be challenging confronting major challenges happening in the world. It will be important for you to be able to have the emotional resilience and prioritize the needed self-care when things get tough.
- 6+ years of experience in CSR, go-to-market operations, or program management.
You’ll set and execute the company’s environmental sustainability strategy. Specifically tied to the Twilio Magic, this will include:
- BE AN OWNER: Proactively identify crises shortly after they happen and determine the action plan on how we are responding to it. Own the end-to-end project management and report out on the crises we are actively engaged in.
- BE INCLUSIVE & WRITE IT DOWN: Define and expand the network of Twilions and their roles in crisis response through well documented and repeatable playbooks.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: The best time for organizations to implement Twilio is before a crisis. You will work with our Go-to-Market teams to motivate and empower them to identify crisis responders that would benefit from having Twilio in their toolbelt.
- DRAW THE OWL: Define a scalable way to respond to crises so we can tap into larger resource pools who can respond when a disaster hits. Define a rubric and program for investing across the team and company in crisis response.
- DON’T SETTLE: Proactively identify crisis response organizations that we want to have a relationship with and reactively identify crisis response organizations after crises to add to target lists.
This role will be part of the social impact arm of Twilio, Twilio.org, led by the Chief Social Impact Officer who reports directly to the company’s CEO. The Twilio.org team works across Twilio’s technology, funding, and employees to improve the lives of over 300 million people globally per year! And we’re not stopping there - our goal is for social impact organizations using Twilio to help 1 billion people annually!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is available in a U.S.-based Twilio hub office (examples: San Francisco, Denver, New York) or remote in the U.S. within 3-hours of Pacific Time. We will work from home during the current pandemic measures. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks