Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The centralized Agile Lead will help Twilio evolve our WoW (ways of working), ensuring we can utilize cutting edge thinking to tackle some of the most exciting challenges of a modern software company. You’ll support Twilio’s journey towards end-to-end business agility by:
- Training and coaching towards new ways of viewing and doing our work, with long-lasting cultural impact when it comes to our problem-solving approaches
- Analysing and improving the structural components of our Business Units (BU’s), and co-designing with them new ways of working that naturally lead to identifying and seizing opportunities to improve our habits
- Socializing new practices to generate excitement and curiosity, amplifying the value gained from better ways of working
- Helping our Business Units become self-reliant by equipping them with expertise in solving problems
- Providing thought leadership on as-yet undiscovered ways of working
You will be a part of a centralized team within the Twilio PMO who are adept at navigating the complexities that are faced by our Business Units. The Agile Lead must be a collaborator and open to recognizing the value of more traditional ways of working, while pushing the frontiers of business agility. Deep and broad agile expertise and experience is a necessity.
- 7 years plus experience in coaching, agile or related fields
- Experience in working in organisations that have been through an Agile transformation and enabling the change
- Experience in setting up and operating in scaled and distributed environments
- Experience in operating in an environment that supports the combination of Design Thinking, Agile and DevOps and in creating teams that support the balance of Discovery and Delivery work
- Experience driving leadership behaviour shifts needed to empower successful agile teams and programs
- Experience in working in, or delivering, agile transformation in a non-purist way
- Experience in delivering and leading change related projects or programs
- Experience in creating high-performing agile teams
- Experience in building strong, lasting business relationships.
Draw the Owl:
- Coach Business Units, teams and individuals to achieve higher levels of agile maturity, by observing, analysing and evaluating current systems, co-designing with the Business Units the most appropriate new ways of working
- Contribute to our PMO’s own ways of working and the long-term direction of Agile Practice, including setting standards, improving our ways of working, inspiring and encouraging our team to always innovate and grow
Wear the Customer
- Role-model the agile and growth mentality, including customer-centricity, delivery of rapid cycles of test and learn, value and data-based decision making, and delivering value iteratively
- Continuously aim to improve our customer experience and the value delivered to our customers
Be an Owner
- Facilitate adoption and embedding of the Agile mentality, values, principles, and practices to measurably support the delivery of business outcomes
- Role model influence without authority to motivate, inspire and cultivate a culture of high-performance
- Support the development of empowered teams through the coaching of both leaders and teams
- Support Business Unit leaders through continuously improving their BU ways of working by bringing innovation and inspiration while ensuring they remain focused on business outcomes
- Facilitate practical improvement initiatives and strategies by analysing and evaluating an organisation’s workflow, environment and culture to improve how they deliver customer value, discussing organisational shortcomings with Business Unit leadership.
- Set and run customer expectations, playing a leading role in delivering phenomenal experiences
As an Agile Lead, you will have the opportunity to build something amazing. You will be a trusted advisor for senior leaders and their teams, taking them from launching as a new team through helping identify key impediments that are stopping them from achieving high performance. Working in the PMO you will be exposed to a wide range of organisational agility opportunities - making it a great place to accelerate your career and growth, both in agile expertise as well as in understanding the way businesses operate.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
You will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has modernized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $120,832-$166,144
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $105,728-$145,376
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks