Because you belong at Twilio.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Network Interconnection Engineer to lead the global deployment of Twilio’s Super Network infrastructure. In this position, you will lead all aspects of our inter-network connectivity, coordinating with varying types of carriers to establish IP transit and peering relationships and ensuring timely delivery of the transport facilities needed to ensure resilient connectivity. You will come together with internal partners to define the strategy and vital processes to grow our network inter-connectivity and facilitate an evolution to ubiquitous peering arrangements across our global footprint. Providing input for and participating in QBRs, as well as providing regular reports on progress metrics will be a key function in your role. You will play a key role in the carrier selection process and advise leadership accordingly, with an eye on building a world class, highly efficient, and secure global network. Reporting to the Director of Network Development Engineering, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s growth efforts throughout the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has shown success in physical network deployment, data transport mechanisms, and vendor management. They also have:
- Minimum of 5+ years of substantial experience establishing IP transit and peering relationships with Tier1 and 2 ISPs/global and regional telecom carriers, both within the U.S. and internationally.
- Expert knowledge of IP networking and associated business impacts of transit and peering.
- Exceptional program management skills, with the ability to track, identify and mitigate risks, run complex processes, and collaborate with multiple teams across multiple programs.
- Track record of successfully partnering with vendors across various engineering fields.
- Expert knowledge of defining complex processes, establishing standardization and driving automation to achieve maximum efficiencies.
- Ability to influence without authority (both horizontally and vertically) analytical talent and leadership to achieve the goals of the business.
- The intellectual and emotional capacity to thrive and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent social skills; ability to articulate verbally and written.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- This is a remote position based in the U.S.
As the Network Interconnection Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Create, manage and analyze internal critical metrics with a goal to improve operational efficiency across operations teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify and qualify new organizational growth ideas from internal and external sources with the primary goal to operate at scale.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead and assist in all aspects of day to day organization tasks and duties, including strategy, budget, operations reviews and development of long term planning.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence and bringing up new processes or organizational evolutions.
The Super Network Infrastructure team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership, carrier relations, BU’s and GTM teams to program manage company priorities. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing various strategic programs that drive inorganic growth and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This is a remote position located in the U.S. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.